Very simple to make, these delicate treats are a perfect accompaniment to some bubbly. You can also pair these with simple afternoon tea or just as a light treat after dinner.
Spiced Chocolate Macaroons
- 8 oz blanched almonds
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cinnamon, Saigon, Ground
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cloves, Ground
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (chopped)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp Kirsch
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place almonds, 1 cup of the sugar, cinnamon and cloves in food processor; cover. Process just until nuts are finely ground. Add chocolate; cover. Process until chocolate is finely grated, but not melted. Add egg whites and kirsch; cover. Process just until dough clings together.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (dough will be sticky). Roll balls in sugar to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using the bottom of a glass, flatten balls to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set but centers remain moist. Do not overbake. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
This delicious recipe for Spiced Chocolate Macaroons pairs perfectly with the le Cadeau Rosé Sparkling Wine.
Our le Cadeau (Cream Label) California Rosé Sparkling Wine has a pretty pink-purple color. The nose displays white flower fragrances like acacia and orange blossom. Later some raspberry, watermelon and hay complete this expressive and aromatic nose. The attack in the mouth is dry, round and pleasant. There are citrus aromas, which provide – from the mid-palate to the finish – a great amount of acidity for structure and ageing potential. This is a medium-bodied wine with long-lasting bubbles, which are a sign of quality in sparkling wines.