Asian dishes and sweet wines generally make a great pairing. I generally prefer spicier styles so you could spice this one up a bit by adding some Sriracha sauce.
Asian Vegetables and Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 7 oz Thai Kitchen® Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- 1/3 C crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 C Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbsp dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp McCormick Gourmet™ Chives
- 2 Tbsp Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 C bok choy (coarsely chopped)
- 1 C fresh bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- Prepare rice noodles as directed on package. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Set aside.
- Place peanut butter, chicken stock, sherry, chives, fish sauce, sugar and sesame oil in bowl of food processor; cover. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet or wok on medium heat. Add vegetables; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in peanut butter mixture. Bring to simmer. Add noodles; toss to coat. Spoon noodle mixture into serving bowls.
This delicious recipe for Asian Vegetables and Noodles with Peanut Sauce pairs perfectly with the Lumière de Vie 2016 Réflexion.
Our Lumière de Vie 2016 California Réflexion has a pretty, bright pink color. This wine is clean and straightforward with a flavorful nose and mouth. Fresh aromas of watermelon, ruby red grapefruit and strawberry sorbet shine through on the palate. There are candy-like characters that have a cleansing effect reminiscent of a summer fruit smoothie. The attack in the mouth has a lot of citrus notes and fruit tannins right from the beginning, even after only a few hours of maceration in tanks. The wine is fluid and pleasant with good acidity in the finish.