A good bottle of wine can turn even the most ordinary of dishes into a special meal. This Muffin Pan Meat Loaf will hold up nicely with a smooth red wine such as this Paso Robles Malbec. Try this one on special days such as any one that ends in “y!”
Muffin Pan Meat Loaf
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 C carrot (grated)
- 1/2 C zucchini (grated)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C dry bread crumbs
- 2 tsp McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 tsp McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 2 C tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1 tsp McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Muffin Pan Meat Loaf, mix all ingredients in large bowl until well blended. Divide mixture into 12 balls. Place each ball into a muffin cup.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, for the Sauce, place all ingredients in medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with meat loaf.
This delicious recipe for Muffin Pan Meat Loaf pairs perfectly with the Lumière de Vie 2013 Malbec.
This Lumière de Vie 2013 Paso Robles Malbec has a rich and dark burgundy robe. The nose is intense and complex at the very beginning with some cherry, raspberry and boysenberry in the attack. After a few seconds, the nose has notes of toasted oak and vanilla. This Malbec has a very round and creamy feel to it. This medium-bodied wine is fruity and round with a charming tannic structure. Great length provided by some acidity make it a fabulous candidate for food pairing.