This delicious recipe for Beer Battered Cod pairs perfectly with the Table White Wine.
Our California Table White Wine has a pale yellow color. The nose is delicate with some white flower fragrances and a hint of citrus aromas. A pronounced minerality completes this aromatic profile. There is a soft, round sweetness in the attack with plenty of citrus aromas. This blend brings a round mouthfeel that is pleasant and compact with a short to medium body.
Beer Battered Cod
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 C McCormick® Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix
- 1 Tbsp OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 2/3 C beer (or water)
- 1 1/2 lb cod filets (cut into serving-size pieces)
- Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat.
- Mix Batter Mix and Old Bay in medium bowl. Add beer or water; stir until smooth. Dip fish into batter. Shake off excess.
- Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels.