This delicious recipe for Spiced Beef and Apple Ragout pairs perfectly with the Terroir Cellars 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon-Petit Verdot.
Spiced Beef and Apple Ragout
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 can Reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate thawed, undiluted
- 2 red cooking apples peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium sweet potatos peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tsp McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
Coat meat with flour. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the meat; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Repeat with remaining meat.
Place meat and remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Toss to coat well. Cover.
Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Thicken with additional flour, if desired.