This delicious recipe for Spiced Beef and Apple Ragout pairs perfectly with the Terroir Cellars 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon-Petit Verdot.
Spiced Beef and Apple Ragout
Course: Main Dish
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 can Reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate thawed, undiluted
- 2 red cooking apples peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium sweet potatos peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tsp McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
Coat meat with flour. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the meat; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Repeat with remaining meat.
Place meat and remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Toss to coat well. Cover.
Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Thicken with additional flour, if desired.
Recipe NotesAbout the Suggested Wine Pairing Our Terroir Cellars 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon-Petit Verdot from Pays d’Oc in the famed Languedoc region of France was aged in oak barrels to build extra layers of flavors and complexity. The Cabernet Sauvignon and the Petit Verdot are both very aromatic and develop ripe strawberry and blueberry aromas in the nose. Toward the finish, toasted oak showcases mocha and vanilla flavors. This wine is rich in color and intensity, as this was a successful vintage in this part of France. The mouth reveals some very good tannins, with a combination of elegance and power. This wine has very good structure that should improve over the next few years of ageing.