This delicious recipe for Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup pairs perfectly with the Fleur Bleu 2016 Zinfandel.
Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup
- 6 C cauliflower florets
- 2 portobello mushrooms cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp McCormick® Cumin ground
- 2 C onion chopped
- 4 C reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp McCormick® Black Pepper ground
Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss cauliflower, mushrooms and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sprinkle with thyme and cumin. Toss until evenly coated. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add vegetable mixture, broth and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally.
Ladle into soup bowls to serve.