This delicious recipe for Roasted Cumin-Crusted Grilled Steaks with Tomato Relish pairs perfectly with the Fleur Bleu 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon.
Our Fleur Bleu 2016 South Eastern Australia Cabernet Sauvignon has a deep, rich and dark color. The nose is vibrant and expressive with a lot of black currant, blueberry and blackberry. Heavy spices dominate the nose, which is centered around black pepper toward the finish. Lightly toasted oak is also present in the finish of the nose and in the attack of the mouth. This wine is young and vigorous. The tannins provide the structure for its medium to long body.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact Brian for a suggestion.
Roasted Cumin-Crusted Grilled Steaks with Tomato Relish
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cumin, Roasted Ground
- 1 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Oregano, Ground Mediterranean
- 1 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 C onion red, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Mix sugar, cumin, oregano, sea salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture. Brush steaks lightly with oil. Rub remaining spice mixture on both sides of steaks. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor
Meanwhile, mix tomatoes, onion, oil, vinegar and reserved spice mixture in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve
Grill steaks over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Slice steak and serve with Tomato Relish.