I really like this Garlic Pepper Beef Burgundy twist on a classic. The flavors are big and bold and, thus, pair beautifully with intense wines. Yes, Tolerant Vinotypes, this one is for you and those big, bold, complex wines you love!
Garlic Pepper Beef Burgundy
- 4 tsp McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 lbs boneless beef sirloin steak (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 C Reduced sodium beef broth
- 1/2 C dry red wine
- 2 C carrot (chunks)
- 2 C Mushrooms (halved)
- 1 C onion (medium, cut into wedges)
- Mix 3 teaspoons of the Seasoning and flour in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add beef in batches; cook until lightly brown on all sides. Add additional oil, as needed. Return all meat to skillet.
- Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning, thyme, broth, wine and vegetables. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice, if desired.
This delicious recipe for Garlic Pepper Beef Burgundy pairs perfectly with the Fog Vineyards 2013 Zinfandel.
Our Fog Vineyards 2013 Zinfandel was produced in the region of Lodi. This Zinfandel is very mature with a beautiful dark purple robe. Retaining this wine a long period of time before bottling allows for more expression of fl avors. Dark fruit dominates such as cherry and blackberry along with aromas of violet, toasted bread, black pepper and toasted oak. This Zinfandel is unbalanced with spiciness and alcohol taking over in the mouth, which is typical of this varietal. The fi nish remains creamy and elegant as the tannins mellow out.Learn more about the benefits of the WineShop At Home Artisan Collection Wine Club.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact a WineShop At Home Independent Wine Consultant for a suggestion.