This delicious recipe for Thai Chicken Stir-Fry with Coconut Rice pairs perfectly with the Cloud 2016 Symphony.
Our Cloud 2016 Symphony was produced in the Lodi region of California. This young 2016 wine has a pale, straw-like yellow color. The nose is seductive with aromas of grapefruit, orange, mandarin blossom and lychee fruit. There are fragrances of white flowers in the nose as well as some minerality. The attack has a good kick of acidity that is quickly subdued by a lingering sweetness. This is an off -dry to sweet wine with a medium to long finish. This wine is well-balanced, crisp and easy to drink.Learn more about the benefits of the WineShop At Home Artisan Collection Wine Club.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact a WineShop At Home Independent Wine Consultant for a suggestion.
Thai Chicken Stir-Fry with Coconut Rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 3/4-inch chunks)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 C Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ginger (ground)
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Red Pepper (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 C snow peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper (cut into 3/4-inch chunks)
- 1 onion (small, cut into wedges)
- Rinse jasmine rice with water. Drain well. Set aside. Bring coconut milk, water, sugar and salt to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, coat chicken with flour in medium bowl. Remove chicken. Set aside. Add stock, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper to remaining flour in bowl; stir until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Add vegetables; stir fry 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir stock mixture. Add to wok; stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; stir-fry until heated through. Serve with Coconut Rice.