This delicious recipe for Oven-Baked Sicilian Meatballs pairs perfectly with the Milano Cellars 2016 Dolcetto.
Our Milano Cellars 2016 California Dolcetto has a beautiful, dark burgundy robe. The nose is filled with aromas of raspberry, strawberry, caramel and coffee. This is a sweet wine with generous and fruity flavors. The mouth is packed full of young healthy antioxidants from the tannins in the fruit. The attack is bright, sweet and very round. It has a noticeable weight on the palate as a result of the sweetness, which is counterbalanced by a good amount of acidity. Tannins are quite developed for this young wine and provide a lot of length. The balance between all of these elements provides the wine great ageing potential. Read New Wines Added to La Famiglia on The WineShop Experience.
Oven-Baked Sicilian Meatballs
- 2/3 C soft bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 C fresh basil (snipped)
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts (toasted)
- 3 Tbsp dried currants
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage
- spaghetti (cooked, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in egg, Parmesan, onion, basil, pine nuts, currants, garlic, salt and pepper. Add sausage; mix well.
- Shape mixture into 24 meatballs. Place meatballs on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink (160°F). Drain off fat. Cool meatballs.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta, if desired.