This delicious recipe for Balsamic Pork and Strawberry Salad pairs perfectly with the Adagio 2013 Merlot.
Our Adagio 2013 Merlot comes from the Central Coast of California. This mature 2013 Merlot has a deep, rich terracotta color. Early on, red fruit such as cherry and raspberry are present. The finish displays wonderfully mature flavors of toffee, light oak toast and coffee. This dry red is easy going, super charming and very pleasant for any occasion.
Balsamic Pork and Strawberry Salad
- 1 1- pound pork tenderloin (trimmed)
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Olive il
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper (ground)
- 4 Cup Romaine lettuce (torn)
- 2 Cup Strawberries (fresh, quartered)
- 1/2 Cup Manchego cheese (shredded)
1. Place pork tenderloin in a sealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the marinade. Pour the remaining marinade over meat. Seal bag, turn to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil. Drain meat, discarding marinade. Place meat in the prepared roasting pan. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in meat registers 145°F. Remove from oven; let stand 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for salad, whisk the reserved 3 tablespoons marinade, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce and strawberries; toss gently to coat.
4. Arrange salad on a serving platter; sprinkle with cheese. Slice meat and arrange on top of salad.