This delicious recipe for Louisiana Paella pairs perfectly with the Glory Cellars 2015 Chardonnay.
Our Glory Cellars 2015 Lodi, California Chardonnay has light aromas of citrus, pineapple and pear. Toward the end, some toasted breadcrumb aromas come forward as a result of the toasted oak treatment the wine received during ageing. Chardonnay requires good acidity for balance. This Chardonnay has a smooth attack with a medium intensity and body, with more fruity flavors like Meyer lemon.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound Andouille sausage sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 can 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 packages ZATARAIN’S® Yellow Rice 6.9 ounces each
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound clams cleaned and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in 8-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onions begin to brown. Add sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until browned.
Stir in wine, clam juice and diced tomatoes. Bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mixes and olives; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and clams. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink, clams have opened and rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.