This Skillet Paella is the classic. It makes me think about a late lunch at a beachside cafe in Sitges (where I once enjoyed paella). It is going to pair beautifully with those delicate wines favored by you Hypersensitive Vinotypes.
- 2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Pound Smoked sausage (halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 Can Can14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 Cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried parsley flakes
- 1 Package ZATARAIN’S® Yellow Rice
- 1 Pound Large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Cup Frozen peas
- Bring water, sausage, tomatoes, onion and parsley to a boil in a large skillet. Stir in Rice Mix. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and peas. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or just until shrimp turns pink and rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
This delicious recipe for Skillet Paella pairs perfectly with the Adagio 2016 Minuet.
Our Adagio 2016 Minuet was produced in the Spanish wine region of La Mancha. This young 2016 Sauvignon Blanc has a seductive, tropical nose atypical of the Californian style. This aromatic-packed wine displays orange blossom and lychee characters. Fragrances of acacia and some minerality come forward in the nose. The attack has a good kick of acidity with lemon flavors that linger in the mouth. This dry wine has a lovely and clean finish.Learn more about the benefits of the WineShop At Home Artisan Collection Wine Club.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact a WineShop At Home Independent Wine Consultant for a suggestion.