Baja Shrimp Grilled Pizza
- 1 Package McCormick® Grill Mates® Baja Citrus Marinade
- 1/4 Cup Plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 Cup Orange juice
- 1 Pound Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (cut into 2-inch wide strips)
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper (cut into 2-inch wide strips)
- 1 Small zucchini (sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices)
- 1 Pound Fresh pizza dough or frozen dough, thawed or 1 prepared thin pizza crust (12”)
- 1 Can 8 ounces pineapple rings, drained, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
Mix Marinade Mix, 1/4 cup of the oil and orange juice in small bowl. Place shrimp and vegetables in 2 separate large resealable plastic bags. Add 1/2 the marinade to each bag; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Remove shrimp and vegetables from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
Grill vegetables over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until tender-crisp. Grill shrimp kabobs 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally. Cut into vegetables into bite-size pieces. Remove shrimp from skewers.
Stretch or roll dough on floured baking sheet to a 12- to 14-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush top of dough with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
Layer crust with 1/2 of the cheese, grilled shrimp, vegetables, remaining cheese and pineapple. Close lid. Grill 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is browned. (Check pizza often to avoid burning. Rotate pizza, if necessary.) Slide pizza onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with mint, if desired. Slice and serve immediately.
This delicious recipe for Baja Shrimp Grilled Pizza pairs perfectly with Panache Lane Bodacious.
Our Panache Lane Bodacious blend is very fruit-forward. Fresh and pleasant dark red fruit flavors come forward. This voluptuous red wine has cherry, blueberry and black currant in the attack. Earthy characters with coffee, licorice and prune aromas later emerge. This is a sweet red blend with a fairly strong body. It has tannins from the fruit, power from the alcohol and a good overall strength to support the predominant sweetness.