If you’re looking for a delicious alternative to beef for simple weekday meals, this recipe for Turkey Meatloaves with Walnut-Parsley Gremolata may be just what you seek. Pair this with a delicious smooth red wine sipper like our Fleur Bleu 2016 Carignan. Those of you with a Sensitive Vinotype will love this one!
Turkey Meatloaves with Walnut-Parsley Gremolata
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper (Ground)
- 8 ounces extra-lean ground turkey breast or lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf parsley)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil; if using foil, coat with cooking spray. Set pan aside. In a large bowl beat egg whites with a fork. Stir in mushrooms, oats, dried tomatoes, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well.
- Divide meat mixture into four equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4-inch oval about 2 1/2 inches wide in the center. Place in the prepared baking pan, leaving 2 inches between ovals. Bake 20 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, for gremolata, in a small bowl combine parsley, walnuts, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. To serve, transfer each meatloaf to a serving plate. Top evenly with parsley mixture.
This delicious recipe for Turkey Meatloaves with Walnut-Parsley Gremolata pairs perfectly with the Fleur Bleu 2016 Carignan.
Our Fleur Bleu 2016 Lodi Carignan marks a varietal debut for us at WineShop At Home. A mix of dark and red fruit aromas such as strawberry, cherry, black currant or raspberry are showcased. This luscious red wine has tiny traces of oak toast, which balances out its structure. This dry red has power provided by the alcohol and finishes with a medium intensity. The mid-palate has a good amount of juicy tannins.Learn more about the benefits of the WineShop At Home Artisan Collection Wine Club.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact a WineShop At Home Independent Wine Consultant for a suggestion.