This Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Plum Stuffing is certainly the quintessential pairing of pork, fruit and aromatic spice. I would make this a company dish. Pair this dish with a red with that carries plenty of structure such as our Lumière de Vie 2016 California Petit Verdot. Those with a preference for bold, highly structured wines (Tolerant Vinotype) will love this wine and this food pairing.
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Plum Stuffing
- 1/2 cup red tea (rooibos leaves)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 6 medium plums (pitted)
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Steep tea leaves in hot water 10 minutes. Strain. Add plum jam; mixwell. Set aside. Dice 2 of the plums; halve remaining 4 plums. Mix diced plums, sausage, bread crumbs, onion, cinnamon and garlic powder in large bowl until well blended.
- Cut each pork tenderloin lengthwise 3/4 of the way through. Open meat and fl atten with meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. Spread 1/2 of the plum stuffi ng evenly on each pork tenderloin, leaving a 1/4-inch edge of meat. Roll pork tightly. Tie with kitchen string at 1-inch intervals. Place pork tenderloins in foil-lined shallow baking pan. Arrange halved plums around pork.
- Roast 40 to 50 minutes or pork is until desired doneness. Brush with plum jam mixture during last 20 minutes of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
This delicious recipe for Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Plum Stuffing pairs perfectly with the Lumière de Vie 2016 Petit Verdot.
Our Lumière de Vie 2016 California Petit Verdot displays both a rich color and nose. The wine looks very dense in the glass when poured. The aromas are well-defined, a combination of blackberry, prune and cherry with toasted oak in the finish. A light oak treatment enhances the mouth, providing welcome intensity right from the start. The medium body provides nice and persistent tannins. There is a lot of length, balance and strength in this food-friendly wine.Learn more about the benefits of the WineShop At Home Artisan Collection Wine Club.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact a WineShop At Home Independent Wine Consultant for a suggestion.