Every day meals can be easy and delicious. Imagine coming home for work to the savory aroma of this Slow Cookers Red Wine Pot Roast simmering away. Then, pair it with a well-structured, smooth red wine such as our Lumière de Vie California Merlot. Those with a Sensitive Vinotype will love this delicious wine made from Lodi 2015 and 2016 harvested Merlot grapes.
Slow Cookers Red Wine Pot Roast
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless chuck roast (well-trimmed)
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 large onion (cut into thick slices)
- 1 pound red potatoes (cut into 1-inch chunks (about 4 medium potatoes))
- 1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast Seasoning
- 1 cup red wine
- Place roast and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Mix Seasoning Mix and wine until blended. Pour over roast and vegetables. Cover.
- Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter. Stir sauce before serving. Thicken sauce, if desired.
This delicious recipe for Slow Cookers Red Wine Pot Roast pairs perfectly with the Lumière de Vie Merlot.
Our Lumière de Vie California Merlot was made with grapes from the Lodi area. This dry red wine has a lot of dark fruit aromas in the attack such as black currant or blackberry. Later, this powerful nose evolves toward more mature notes of licorice, tobacco and leather with a hint of toasted oak. The mouth is round with a medium intensity. This is an easygoing and fluid wine with silky tannins. There is length and harmony in the finish, which makes this wine a fantastic candidate for food pairing.Learn more about the benefits of the WineShop At Home Artisan Collection Wine Club.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact a WineShop At Home Independent Wine Consultant for a suggestion.