- 4 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cumin Ground
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ginger Ground
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Black Pepper Coarse Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme
- 2 Cornish hens 1 1/4 pounds each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 green onion sliced
Mix spices in small bowl. Set aside.
Broil or grill over medium heat 12 to 14 minutes per side or until hens are cooked through. Brush with maple syrup; broil or grill 3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with green onion before serving.
This delicious recipe for Six-Spice Maple Cornish Hens pairs perfectly with the Mariana Vineyard 2016 Pinot Noir.
This young Mariana Vineyard 2016 Pinot Noir comes from the Minervois terroir of Pays D’Oc, France that is rich in limestone. It has a deep purple color and aromas of strawberry, raspberry and ripe gala apple. The finish is savory with some light toasted oak characters and vanilla flavors. The mouth is very rich and smooth with more red fruit notes. The tannins are polished and complement the body of the wine. These tannins slowly fade away to make room for a harmonious and pleasant finish.Learn more about the benefits of the WineShop At Home Artisan Collection Wine Club.
Note that our wines sell out quickly but we release new ones each month. If you find a wine to be unavailable, please click here to contact a WineShop At Home Independent Wine Consultant for a suggestion.