- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 pound about16 sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cumin Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut up
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Red Pepper Crushed
- 1 avocado seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
Meanwhile, toss scallops with cumin, paprika and sea salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on high heat. Add 1/2 of the scallops; cook 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining scallops, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil if needed. Return all scallops to skillet. Add tequila; cook on medium-high heat 4 minutes or until tequila has evaporated. Remove scallops from skillet. Keep warm.
Stir stock into skillet. Cook on medium-high 4 to 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add butter, lime peel and red pepper; stir until butter is melted. Return scallops to skillet; cook 1 minute or until heated through.
To serve, place fettuccine in serving bowl. Add scallop mixture; toss to coat well. Garnish with avocado and cilantro.